End of Life Choices New York serves New Yorkers and their families who may be facing end of life decisions, or who may simply wish to plan ahead.
We respond to all New Yorkers who contact us with questions about their end of life concerns. We offer information and support, either in person or by phone, about a wide range of end of life issues. We provide:
- Information about pain specialists, home hospice programs, social service agencies, disease-specific support groups and other resources
- Assistance to clients in completing advance directives, such as New York State Health Care Proxies
- Guidance about the appropriateness of advance directives such as Out of Hospital Do Not Resuscitate Orders, or Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST) forms
- Assistance to clients in talking openly and honestly with families, friends and health care providers about health care wishes
- Advocacy for patients whose end of life wishes are not being honored
- Advocacy for patients who may not be getting optimum pain or other symptom management
- For clients who are terminally ill, decisionally capable and suffering, who request such information, we may discuss effective options that permit patient control of the circumstance and timing of death
If you need assistance with any of these topics please call Aaron Twitchell, our Program Director, at 212-252-2015 or email him at Aaron@eolcny.org. We are a nonprofit organization and there is no charge for our services for New Yorkers.