Executive Director Emeritus and Senior Consultant David Leven will provide this presentation to the Silver Connections group at the LOFT LGBT Community Center.
In “Things Your Doctor Might Not Tell You (And Things You Should Tell Your Doctor),” we provide a guide to navigating today’s health care system.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Why many doctors undertreat pain, and what you can do about it
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to let your doctors know what end-of-life treatments you do or do not want
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
- Why “Aid in Dying” is legal in some states, and what its status is in New York.