This full day conference will highlight how the arts can be used to educate and empower providers and patients at the end of life, June 7th , 8:30am – 3:30pm.
Sessions will include
- Using Music as A Transient Element of Passage in End of Life Care, Joanne Loewy, DA, LCAT, MT-BC
- Words That Heal: Poetry in Palliative Care, Jack Coulehan, MD,MPH
- Breath, Gesture, and Movement: Dance/Movement Therapy in Palliative Medicine, Susan Orkand, MA, BC-DMT, CMA, ERYT
- Comics and Care: Turning the Pages from Life to Death, Graphically Speaking, MK Czerwiec, RN
- Documentary storytelling: Experiencing the end of life through the lens of patient’s care, Carolyn Jones, Filmmaker
The conference will be held at Fordham Graduate School of Social Service located at 113 West 60 th Street. Registrations will open in mid April.