If we are going to continue to make progress in all of our many activities to improve end-of-life care and expand options for all of us at life’s end, we need to engage in many more efforts. We need your help to do so.
Special Events Intern
End of Life Choices New York is the leading organization in New York working to improve end of life care and expand end of life options, to ensure a humane and peaceful death. The issues that EOLCNY works on, and the activities in which we engage, are about quality of health care, health care choices, and human rights, autonomy, justice and the relief of human suffering. We provide a variety of educational and outreach efforts to inform the public about end of life options. We are also raising awareness around New York State legislation on end of life options and patient rights. We aggressively pursue legal reforms to improve pain management and palliative care.
Hours Per Week: 10-15 hours per week
This is a remote position ideal for an undergrad or graduate student interested in nonprofit management, public health, business development, marketing, public relations, sales, and finance.
The internship position is 10-15 hours per week, there is flexibility in this schedule. The internship will begin in April and end June 15th. Interns are expected to meet with the Executive Director weekly by zoom. This is an unpaid position. We would be happy to work with you and your school to ensure you receive academic credit (when applicable).
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management & operations, fundraising, development and community organizing.
· Responsible, detail-oriented, and hard-working.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in social media management preferred, familiarity with Canva, Instagram, and TikTok.
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
· Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges.
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
· Perform targeted research and outreach to potential corporate sponsors.
· Assist with design of marketing and promotional materials.
· Help recruit talent for the event.
· Assist with messaging on social media outlets.
· Help develop strategies to reach fundraising goals.
· Oversee mailing of materials.
· Help with ticket sales through marketing of the event to universities, professional groups, and other community groups.
· Market the event through online and print media outlets./br>
· Communicate with the talent and sponsors (before, during, and after the event.)
· Assist with managing the budget.
· Additional duties as assigned by Executive Director.