If we are going to continue to make progress in all of our many activities to improve end-of-life care and expand options for all of us at life’s end, we need to engage in many more efforts. We need your help to do so.
Special Events Internship
End of Life Choices New York is the leading organization in New York working to improve end of life care and expand end of life options, to ensure a humane and peaceful death. The issues that EOLCNY works on, and the activities in which we engage, are about quality of health care, health care choices, and human rights, autonomy, justice and the relief of human suffering. We provide a variety of educational and outreach efforts to inform the public about end of life options.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
Hours Per Week: 10-15 hours per week
The Special Events Intern will assist with the logistics, marketing, and planning for our third annual comedy show fundraiser called "It Ain't No Joke (but we could all use a laugh)". This comedy show will be held in June 2022 and feature a lineup of amazing comedians and other interactive activities. The event will support the mission of End of Life Choices New York. The goal of this event is to raise money and awareness about end of life planning in different communities. We hope to use the funding to address disparities in end of life care in New York through research, outreach, partnerships, professional development, and advocacy.
This is a remote position ideal for an undergrad or graduate student interested in nonprofit management, public health, business development, marketing, public relations, sales, and finance. Ideally the intern would attend the event in person which will be held in the New York City area.
The internship position is 10-15 hour per week; there is flexibility in this schedule. The internship will begin in April and end in July. Interns are expected to meet with the Executive Director and Program and Development Manager weekly by zoom. There will be a stipend for this position.
· Perform targeted research and outreach to potential corporate sponsors
· Assist with design of marketing and promotional materials
· Help recruit talent for the event
· Assist with messaging on social media outlets
· Help develop strategies to reach fundraising goals
· Help with ticket sales through marketing of the event to universities, professional groups, and other community groups
· Market the event through online and print media outlets
· Assist with communication to the talent and sponsors (before, during, and after the event)
· Assist with managing the budget
· Additional duties as assigned by Executive Director
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management & operations, fundraising, development and community organizing.
· Responsible, detail-oriented, and hard-working.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Interest in comedy.
· Experience in social media management preferred, familiarity with Canva, Instagram, and TikTok.
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
· Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges.
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
· We would be happy to work with you and your school to ensure you receive academic credit (when applicable).
· Opportunity to apply and acquire new skills.
· Learn about non-profit fundraising event planning, and gain valuable experience.
· Receive a $750 stipend.