If we are going to continue to make progress in all of our many activities to improve end-of-life care and expand options for all of us at life’s end, we need to engage in many more efforts. We need your help to do so.
End of Life Choices New York is the leading organization in New York working to improve end of life care and expand end of life options, to ensure a humane and peaceful death. The issues that EOLCNY works on, and the activities in which we engage, are about quality of health care, health care choices, and human rights, autonomy, justice and the relief of human suffering.We provide a variety of educational and outreach efforts to inform the public about end of life options. We are also raising awareness around New York State legislation on end of life options and patient rights. We aggressively pursue legal reforms to improve pain management and palliative care.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
Hours Per Week: 15-20 hours per week
The intern will support the organization’s fundraising strategy by assisting with development research, grant writing, and donor engagement. The Fundraising Intern will work closely with the Executive Director to support and grow our individual/major donor program, sponsorships, events, and foundation grants.
This is a remote position ideal for an undergrad or graduate student interested in nonprofit management, public health, business development, marketing, public relations, sales, and finance.
The internship position is 15-20 hour per week, there is flexibility in this schedule. Interns are expected to meet with the Executive Director weekly by phone. This is an unpaid position, but credit is available.
· Perform targeted research into funding opportunities; help to research potential donors.
· Assist with the preparation and review of grant applications, proposals, and reports.
· Assist with donor recognition, include research, basic design, drafting emails, handwriting thank you letters, and mailing.
· Prepare materials for donor meetings and outreach
· Manage the donor database includes entering donation and donor information as well as pulling data reports
· Assist with design of marketing materials
· Manage the Development Calendar and Work Plans, adding and updating information about grant proposals and reports, individual donors, events, and other deadlines
· Help create special cultivation initiatives and other strategies to develop a diverse and sustainable funding base.
· Assist with messaging on social media outlets, biweekly e-newsletter, and biannual printed newsletter.
· Help identify, organize, and manage EOLCNY’s fundraising activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, and individuals.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management & operations, fundraising, development and community organizing.
· Responsible, detail-oriented, and hard-working.
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in social media management preferred.
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
· Experience working with database or content management software preferred but not required.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges.
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
· We would be happy to work with you and your school to ensure you receive academic credit (when applicable).
· Opportunity to apply and acquire new skills.
· Learn about non-profit fundraising and gain valuable experience.