Please note: we are currently only offering virtual presentations.
Our popular presentations explain what you can do to maximize your chances that you will stay comfortable if you become ill, and have a peaceful death if that time has come.
We offer a variety of presentations (examples below), and they can be customized to meet your group's needs. For example, some groups only want a workshop on advance directives, so for them we speak in more detail about that topic than we do in our usual presentation.
Some presentations are also available in Spanish.
Our talks are suitable for the general public, and we can also modify them for more specialized audiences such as students or caregivers.
We also offer presentations for professionals, and are recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (SW-0464). The fee for professional presentations vary, and we would be happy to work with you to determine a fee that is feasible for your organization.
To book one of our presentations, or to find out more about them, please contact our Director of Education and Outreach, Lillian Mehran, at email@example.com
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- Film screening and discussion (e.g. Being Mortal)
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- Why pain is often under-treated and how you can get effective pain treatment
- Advance directives, including the difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How to complete the NYS health care proxy form
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
- Overview of medical aid in dying and legislative efforts in New York
- Overview of voluntarily stopping eating and drinking as a peaceful end of life option
- Disparities in end of life care
- Overview of end of life options and rights
- More than one topic may be covered in a single presentation!
“We all came away with valuable insights and information. Your engaging style and compelling information immediately motivated me to take some actions on my own behalf. After learning about what standard medical care can and cannot do, it’s clear that having basic information about hospice, pain management, palliative care and end of life directives is essential. You have given us the tools to advocate for ourselves to prepare for a time when we can no longer do so, and to help others do the same."
“Thank you so much for your very informative and engaging presentations last week…Your style of presenting and appropriate humor are always appreciated when the subject is so grave.”
“We wanted to extend our sincere gratitude for sharing your passion and expertise with us on such an important topic yesterday. Your lecture was gripping, compassionate and extremely informative.”
“It was unanimous among all of us who participated that the program met or exceeded our expectations. Not only did you bring a wealth of valuable information to share, but your manner of presenting made it all so accessible and easy to understand.”