What does hospice offer?
In addition to offering management of pain and other physical symptoms, hospice offers:
- Grief and bereavement support for loved ones after the patient dies
- Physical, occupational, or other types of therapy as needed to relieve symptoms
- Spiritual and psycho-social counseling (e.g., music therapy) for the patient and their [caregivers and] loved ones
- Medical equipment and supplies (e.g., hospital bed)
- Nutritional counseling
- Nursing and home health aide assistance
- Pain management including the needed medications
Other services may also be available as needed.