Ask Judy

< All Topics

How do you find a hospice to work with you in VSED?

Family can always do online research to locate hospices in their area & call/ask for an assessment for eligibility. You can also ask your primary care doctor. If your doctor is reluctant to refer you to hospice, you can contact a hospice directly. In this case, the hospice can do an in-home assessment and if they believe you are eligible. they may contact your primary care doctor to get a referral. If your primacy care doctor does not agree to refer you, in some cases a hospice physician may accept you as their patient directly. -Judy

Table of Contents