Ask Judy

< All Topics

What are the best ways to approach institutional partners re VSED (e.g., aged care, nursing and care homes)?

That is a very challenging issue. However, so long as the patient is decisionally-capable, they have an absolute legal right to refuse ANY intervention, including life-prolonging measures. Ask for an ethics consult and explore a risk management  approach. – Judy

Table of Contents