How do I start advance care planning?
Rather than jumping right into medical decisions, first think about and discuss your core values and what matters most to you. For example:
- What makes a good day?
- When you’re not feeling well, how do you want people to care for you?
- What matters most to you in life?
- What are the values that drive your life?
- When you’re having a tough day, what makes you feel better?
- What are you most proud of?
- Who supports you during hard times?
- Who is your strongest advocate?
- When you make medical decisions, what guides your decisions?