How to Get Your Health Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care
March 23 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Executive Director Emeritus and Senior Consultant David Leven will present “How to Get your Health Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care” at the Bronxville Library on March 23rd from 11am – 12pm. He will provide a guide to navigating today’s health care system.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Why many doctors undertreat pain and how you can get effective pain treatment
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
This program is free and open to the public.