How to Get Your Health Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care
March 6, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Executive Director Emeritus and Senior Consultant David Leven, JD will present “How to Get Your Health Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care”at the Hendrick Hudson Free Library located at 189 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose, NY on March 6th from 6-7pm.
This presentation will provide a guide to navigating today’s health care system. Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Why many doctors undertreat pain and how you can get effective pain treatment
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
- Why “Aid in Dying” is legal in some states, and what its status is in New York.
This event is free and open to the public.