- This event has passed.
How To Get Your End of Life Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care
April 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Executive Director Laurie Leonard will present “How to Get Your End of Life Care Wishes Respected and Receive Good Quality Care” at Karpas Health Education and Outreach Center.
This presentation will provide a guide to navigating today’s health care system, including:
- Why many doctors undertreat pain and how you can get effective pain treatment
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a do not resuscitate order
- How hospices provide for a better quality of life and a more peaceful death
- Why “Aid in Dying” is legal in some states, and what its status is in New York.
Registration is required. Go to www.karpashealth.org or call 212-420-4247 for more information or to register.