If we are going to continue to make progress in all of our many activities to improve end-of-life care and expand options for all of us at life’s end, we need to engage in many more efforts. We need your help to do so.
End of Life Choices New York is the leading organization in New York working to improve end of life care and expand end of life options, to ensure a humane and peaceful death. The issues that EOLCNY works on, and the activities in which we engage, are about quality of health care, health care choices, and human rights, autonomy, justice and the relief of human suffering.We provide a variety of educational and outreach efforts to inform the public about end of life options. We are also raising awareness around New York State legislation on end of life options and patient rights. We aggressively pursue legal reforms to improve pain management and palliative care.
Hours Per Week: 15-20 hours per week
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to multi-task and work independently.
· High level of energy and commitment.
· Microsoft Office proficiency; strong skills in Excel preferred.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management, program development, program evaluation, and community outreach
· Proficiency using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
· Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges.
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
· Support the staff in the delivery of presentations and workshops, including preparation, registration, and set-up.
· Help Identify partnership opportunities for education and advocacy events.
· Assist in program evaluation, including data collection/management and tool design.
· Assist with creating online videos and webinars to educate the public about end of life issues and promote events.
· Prepare and update materials such as PowerPoint presentations and evaluation forms for trainings and conferences.
· Oversee mailing of materials.
· Assist with posting events on the website and creating content for newsletters.
· Help manage distance learning sessions, including webinars or workshops.
· Additional projects and duties as determined by the Director of Outreach and Education.
· We would be happy to work with you and your school to ensure you receive academic credit (when applicable)
· Opportunity to apply and acquire new skills
· Learn about program development, implementation, and evaluation in a non-profit setting.