HR & OPERATIONS INTERN
The HR and Operations Intern will manage two main projects – an update of the Employee Handbook (researching best practices and benefit options) and the creation of an Annual Report highlighting organizational success. The intern will also directly assist the Executive Director with a wide range of projects related to volunteer trainings and onboarding, professional development, employee benefits, and intern programs. This is an ideal internship for students interested in business administration, nonprofit management, operations, human resources, public health, marketing, or other related fields.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management & operations
· Responsible, detail-oriented, and hard-working
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
· Demonstrable experience in data entry, report generation, and/or database administration is strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Some graphic design experience preferred (including some experience with Photoshop, Publisher, Canva or other related software) to create annual report and employee handbook
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
· Provide administrative support in regards to HR issues
· Research employee benefit options (health insurance, retirement plans)
· Help develop volunteer recruitment and trainings; prepare materials
· Support the creation and development of Quarterly and Annual Reports for funders
· Review, revise, and develop employment policies and handbooks in line with labor laws and best practices
· Help update policies and protocols around performance evaluation, training, and recruiting
· Create reports and summarize data related to EOLCNY operations and accomplishments for report
This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in the HR and nonprofit operations field while working with an active, upbeat not-for-profit organization. This is an ideal internship for students interested in business administration, nonprofit management, operations, human resources, public health, marketing, or other related fields. This is a remote position and there is flexibility in hours.