The intern will support the organization’s fundraising strategy by assisting with development research, grant writing, and donor engagement. The Fundraising Intern will work closely with the Executive Director to support and grow our individual/major donor program, sponsorships, events, and foundation grants. This is a remote position ideal for an undergrad or graduate student interested in nonprofit management, public health, business development, marketing, public relations, sales, and finance.
· Perform targeted research into funding opportunities; help to research potential donors
Assist with the preparation and review of grant applications, proposals, and reports
· Assist with donor recognition, include research, basic design, drafting emails, handwriting thank you letters, and mailing.
Prepare materials for donor meetings and outreach
Manage the donor database includes entering donation and donor information as well as pulling data reports
Assist with design of marketing materials
Manage the Development Calendar and Work Plans, adding and updating information about grant proposals and reports, individual donors, events, and other deadlines
Help create special cultivation initiatives and other strategies to develop a diverse and sustainable funding base.
· Assist with messaging on social media outlets, biweekly e-newsletter, and biannual printed newsletter.
· Help identify, organize, and manage EOLCNY’s fundraising activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, and individuals.
· Strong desire to learn about non-profit management & operations, fundraising, development and community organizing
· Responsible, detail-oriented, and hard-working
· Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in social media management preferred
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
· Experience working with database or content management software preferred but not required
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges
· Enthusiasm for the mission of End of Life Choices New York.
The internship position is 15-20 hour per week, there is flexibility in this schedule. Interns are expected to meet with the Executive Director weekly by phone. This is an unpaid position, but credit is available.